|Description||Supporting cells, such as short-term cultures of fibroblasts, are used to cultivate human embryonic stem (ES) cells, however they are susceptible to senescence after a number of passages. The Mouse Embryonic Blasticidin and Zeocin-resistant (MMMbz) Immortalized Feeder Cells eliminates the problems associated with the use of primary cell lines. This cell line has a doubling time of 16 hours and may be used indefinitely to propagate human embryonic stem cells. It has the ability to facilitate the growth of hES H9 and hES H1. MMMbz cells are resistant to blasticidin and zeocin due to transgene expression allowing for selection of hES cells transfected with genes conferring resistance.|
|Species||Mouse (M. musculus)|
|Species description||NMR1 Mouse|
|Applications||For Research Use Only.|
|Cell Type||Feeder Cells|
Use of PriCoatTM T25 Flasks (G299) or Applied Cell Extracellular Matrix (G422) is required for cell adhesion to the culture vessels. Grow cells in ECM-coated culture vessels unless otherwise specified in the Propagation Requirements below.
The base medium for this cell line is PriGrow III (TM003). To make the complete growth medium, add the following components to the base medium: bovine calf serum* to a final concentration of 10% and Penicillin/Streptomycin Solution (G255) to a final concentration of 1%.
To freeze: suspend cells in PriGrow III (TM003) with 10% bovine calf serum and 10% sterile DMSO.
To support the growth of hES cells: irradiate MMMbz cells with 6000 rads and seed at a density of 1.3×105/cm2 in propagation medium. The next day add hES in Knockout DMEM (Invitrogen), supplemented with 20% Knockout Serum Replacement (Invitrogen), 1mM L-glutamine (G275), 1% MEM non-essential amino acids (Invitrogen), 0.1mM 2-mercaptoethanol (CH045) and bFGF at 4 ng/ml (Z200015).
|Unit quantity||1×106 cells/ml|
|QC||Selective growth with media containing blasticidin and zeocin to select for cells with transgene expression.|
|Shipping Conditions||On Dry Ice|
1. For for-profit organizations and corporations, please contact email@example.com for pricing of this item.
2. Sale of this item is subjected to the completion of a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) by the purchasing individual/institution for each order. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. All test parameters provided in the CoA are conducted using abm‘s standardized culture system and procedures. The stated values may vary under the end-user’s culture conditions. Please verify that the product is suitable for your studies by referencing published papers or ordering RNA (0.5 μg, Cat.# C207, $450.00) or cell lysate (100 μg, Cat.# C206, $600.00) to perform preliminary experiments, or alternatively use our Gene Expression Assay Service (Cat# C138). All sales are final.
4. We recommend live cell shipments for ease of cell transfer and this option can be requested at the time of ordering. Please note that the end-user will need to evaluate the feasibility of live cell shipment by taking into account the final destination’s temperature variation and its geographical location. In addition, we thoroughly test our cell lines for freeze-thaw recovery. If frozen cells were received and not recovered in your lab under the exact, specified conditions (using recommended culture vessel, media, additional supplements, and atmospheric conditions), a live cell replacement is possible at a cost (plus shipping).
5. All of abm‘s cell biology products are for research use ONLY and NOT for therapeutic/diagnostic applications. abm is not liable for any repercussions arising from the use of its cell biology product(s) in therapeutic/diagnostic application(s). Please contact a technical service representative for more information.
6. abm makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on this site. Citations from literature and provided for informational purposes only. abm does not warrant that such information has been shown to be accurate.
7. abm warrants that cell lines shall be viable upon initiation of culture for a period of thirty (30) days after shipment and that they shall meet the specifications on the applicable abm Material Product Information sheet, certificate of analysis, and/or catalog description. Such thirty (30) day period is referred to herein as the “Warranty Period.”
|Caution||For Research Use Only.|
There are no FAQs for this product yet!
- Iuchi, S et al. “An immortalized drug-resistant cell line established from 12-13-day mouse embryos for the propagation of human embryonic stem cells.” Differentiation 74(4):160-166 (2006). PubMed: 16683986.
- Subramanian, V et al. “H2A.Z Acidic Patch Couples Chromatin Dynamics to Regulation of Gene Expression Programs during ESC Differentiation” PLoS Genet. 9(8):e1003725 (2013). DOI: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1003725.