|abm’s TM024 Cryopreservation Medium is a ready-to-use complete formulation suitable for the cryopreservation of various types of mammalian cells. With its unique formula this medium can be used to freeze cells cultured in PriGrow I, II, III and IV medium, as well as classical media such as DMEM, DMEM/F12, RPMI 1640 and Ham’s F-12. This product is composed of 10% DMSO along with additional optimized components that will improve cell recovery after thawing. Every lot of abm’s Cryopreservation Medium is tested for pH, sterility and endotoxin.
|Protocol for Cryopreservation
1. Harvest log phase cells (with >90% viability):
For adherent cells, gently detach the cells from the culture plate according to your laboratory standard then collect into a centrifuge tube.
For suspension cells, harvest all cells into a centrifuge tube.
2. Determine viable cell density and calculate the required volume of Cryopreservation Medium needed. We recommend freezing cells at 1.0 to 2.5 x 106 cells/ml.
3. Centrifuge the cells at 1500 rpm for three minutes.
4. Aspirate the supernatant, leaving the cell pellet undisturbed.
5. Resuspend the cell pellet in Cryopreservation Medium.
6. Dispense the cell suspension into cryovials and freeze according to your laboratory standard (i.e. controlled rate freezing at approximately 1°C decrease per minute).
7. Frozen cells should be placed in a vapour phase liquid nitrogen freezer (-125°C to -200°C) for long-term storage.
|Store at -20°C to 4°C and protect from light.